Saturday, December 7, 2013

Master Bath Before and After

We hired Handyman Matters in Kansas City to remodel our master bath and they did a really nice job.  Here are some before pics:








And after.  My dream bathroom (within reason considering the space we had!). 


I wanted the soffit completely removed, but there's a pipe running through it to the bathroom upstairs.  The contractor shrunk it and put the sconces on it and I think it looks terrific.  The lighting is by Schoolhouse Electric.


New mirrors replace the one that was void of personality and took up the entire wall.



Crystal doorknobs from Locks and Pulls.


Penny hex tile with charcoal grout.  Love it!!!


We replaced the mirrored closet doors with these solid wood doors that were specially built by the contractor.


Kohler Memoirs.


Roman shade replaces the broken plastic blinds.


Cherub tile from International Materials of Design top off the subway tile.


Beautiful white subway tile with charcoal grout installed flawlessly.


New vanity with marble top and Moen faucets.


And this is the shower curtain I finally settled on.  This was the fourth one I bought.  My husband gives me total freedom with this stuff - he didn't know what anything looked like until it was installed.  However, when a ruffled shower curtain from Pottery Barn arrived one day, my heartily bearded, heartily tattooed husband said, "Oh, hell no."  So back it went.


I just love my new bathroom.  We have dozens of other projects to pull the house out of 1973, but the master bath was a great start and I enjoy it every single day.

4 comments:

  1. Love the cherub tiles, and your bathroom looks great. Saw your comment at Japanese Redneck, and came over and had a look... will be reading along. (We're in Tonganoxie)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mary Ann! Thanks for the compliments on the bathroom. I don't post much on this blog, but have another I post in all of the time. Here's the link in case you're interested. Thanks so much for checking out the blog! http://kellyaaronmosaics.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  2. The decor ideas and the style is perfect with the post. I would love this type post. Awesome Home decor Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cherub tiles are adorable! Love your floor tile too. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete