Sunday, May 30, 2010

I Heart Sarah's House

I'm getting bored with HGTV. There are too many shows about selling and staging that while interesting, result in some pretty plain vanilla design styles that I agree are necessary when trying to appeal to the masses. However, I watched a few recorded episodes of Sarah's House this weekend and I'm loving it!

The show follows Canadian, Sarah Richardson's, farm house makeover. She and her design "sidekick" Tommy Smythe, diverge from the ordinary interior design shops and scour outdoor flea markets and antique malls. Heaven. Along with her mix of old and new, I love the fact that she talks about price. Very interesting!

The finished product is a farmhouse that's a little more crisp and refined than what my style dictates, but it is so fun to see a true professional use color and texture like she does intermingled with antiques and vintage finds. Bravo, HGTV. Images found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment