Sunday, July 11, 2010

Birdie Condos

Sharon over at Sweet Repose recently did a post here of her daughter, Piper's, birdie condos. I snatched this one for my mother-in-law who will be coming from Jasper, Alabama next month to watch Dash while Jason, Brendan and I are in NYC.

I just love the way Piper uses muffin tins for the roof!!!

And of course I had to have this birdie antique store for my own back yard.

And I tripped across an antique shop in Overland Park, Kansas this weekend. There wasn't much in the way of resale possibilities, but I did pick up these great reverse painted silhouettes that will go to Amaze this week. The great gesso frames have just the right amount of aging.

And these sweet ballerina prints came from Dreamworld, the place I talked about in a recent post. I can't wait to get back there!


They would be so cute in a little girl's room as an alternative to the usual bright and sometimes garish pinks.

I picked up these old, crusty bottles and the varying sizes look fun in a grouping.

How cool is this wonky shape? Modern day machines strip items of their personality and I love the imperfection of these old bottles.

And now that my brother and sister-in-law are back in town, Kavi and I can shop together. We looked for light fixtures yesterday and it was quite overwhelming until Kavi found her groove. This beauty will go in her new kitchen.

And I found this little number for my foyer. I WISH!!!

We loved this one. It would add rustic sophistication if your dining room happened to seat 20+ guests.

This fur covered chair did not look very comfortable!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that chair and the chandeliers ain't too shabby either...glad you got yer condos...love them.

    NYC...way cool, hope it's for a fun trip, how exciting!!! Have your candles ready to ship out tomorrow, I'll send ya an email.

    Later dude!

    s

    ReplyDelete