Sunday, August 1, 2010

Recent Treasures

I took another trip to see my friend, Leah Winkler, of Dreamworld. Not only does she have a great eye for all things rusty, tarnished, worn, and chippy, she's an extraordinary artist. I just love her dreamy mural.

And Leah is quickly learning what I'm going to love in her shop before I even find it myself. I loved this beat up concrete dog hanging out on her work table.

He's missing some parts, but adorable just the same.



It's been awhile since I've taken pics of new found treasures. I love these stately lions. They have a bit of a fussy quality that I think is beautifully juxtaposed with my not so fussy, tongue-in-cheek style.


We hosted a party last weekend and I rearranged some things. Does anyone else out there like to strip things down once in awhile? Sometimes the more the better, but with this vignette, I was going for something more simple. And check out the great antique ice cream maker!

Formed plaster wall art. Looks like an English cottage.

More junky frames for my pile.

The shipping barrel top is a good compliment to my dress forms.



White vinyl men's shoes are an unexpected find on a hearth.


I flipped over the plaster Jesus bust and so did my husband. This is now in his office and when I notified him that Jesus was just passing through, he reminded me where I got the money for this particular shopping trip. Darn.



Garden statues tucked indoors are one of my favorite design elements.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, thanks for stopping by my blog, always love having company. Looks like you scored some good deals...I am soo loving those dress forms! I have been on the lookout for one but no luck! And can you believe I saw someone wearing white shoes like that...he or should I say his feet really stood out in the crowd. hehe

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm luvin all this stuff, the lions are fabulous...I'm going to Coal Valley tomorrow with some friends from St. Louis, wish you could come too!!!

    See ya sista!

    ReplyDelete