Thursday, January 27, 2011

Amsterdam

Brendan's guitar instructor called last week to reschedule an appointment because he had a gig in Amsterdam. When I asked him if he'd ever been there, he replied, "dozens of times." All I ask is once, at least, and now I have a place to stay. Ha.

One of my friends knows someone there who rents out his home. My friend thought I "might" enjoy the design style. Might?!

Imagine taking your tea in a room like this.

Or having a space so grand it's worthy of draped wall treatments instead of wallpaper. Check out the mouldings!!




This is a ceiling in a bedroom. Incredible, as is the chandelier.




For now, I'll dream. And I'll start my adventures abroad with a trip to Spain in September. Poor me!

2 comments:

  1. Spain...I'm not listening...la la la...I can't hear you, must be static on the keyboard...I'm still not listening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh, I've been to Amsterdam and it is Wonderful!! But, let me hide in your bags and take me to Spain with you.Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete