Saturday, January 15, 2011

Weekend Redo

Jason called me at work yesterday to report that our new couch and ottoman had arrive. Yeah!!! How shocked was I when I walked in and saw the wrong couch?! Same style, very different color and Jason was with me when we picked it all out!!! He pays as much attention to that kind of stuff as I do to the comic book industry, so I suppose we're even. Below, the couch that does NOT belong to me.

Below, the couch that belongs to me. Just a quick call to the store and whaloa! Someone else in Kansas City was about to be just as shocked and confused as I. I am really excited about this couch. I wasn't sure if I should go with a slip covered look but I think the refined style I ultimately went with is a funky mix with all the rust and chipped paint in the rest of my decor.

The black nail heads and feet look great against the light linen.


And the ottoman goes great with the chair that I got from The Curious Sofa (sniffle, sniffle).

I spent today rearranging some things to make room for the old couch and chair that I moved to the living room.




Someone in the latest issue of Country Living arranged her stuff by size in a row and it gave me some ideas to do the same, including grouping my collections.


And it's always fun to move things from here to there.


The scales and clocks are grouped, but the alternating shelves break it up. Can't have things looking too tidy.




Bug, bug, bug, bug, bug, bug.



And a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to one of my dearest friends, elle!!! We hit Kelly's in Westport last night and had a blast!! Here's elle with her friend, Phillip.

The 80's cover band, Members Only from Springfield, Missouri were so much fun!!!!!! And Jo cracked me up, screaming, "Over 40 on the staaaaaaaiiiiirrrrrrrs!!!" where we older gals were jamming to the band.

1 comment:

  1. Loving your blog. Would you ever consider selling the Monsieur signage? James again, from The New Victorian Ruralist. finderskeepersmarket@live.com

    ReplyDelete