Monday, September 5, 2011

On the Back Roads of Kansas

So we took a little detour to get to our favorite flea market this year.

But we did manage to get there. Crazy day as I cursed the hot rubber boots I was wearing. I stopped complaining when the rain came down in sheets. But then sun again and we got our second wind.











The population of this town is probably max 50 people and this flea market twice a year is a big deal. There's a house right in the middle of it all with the most fabulous garden.



I was not my usual junk-focused self but I did manage to pick up a few goodies, including this mail cart.

Chippy commode.


The raggedy top hat is cool.


Glad I have an extra day to get things to the malls and then in a week, it's off to Spain. To say I'm excited is a grand understatement.

1 comment:

  1. Seems the back roads of Kansas have some amazing scores waiting to be had! I'm suddenly having a total Love Affair with oversized Vintage Metal Letters. *Winks*

    And a trip to Spain!!! No wonder you have a Rush of excitement... lucky, lucky, lucky... color me green with envy! *Winks* Have a wonderful Trip & remember to bring your camera and take loads of pixs to share with us here in the Land Of Blog!

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete