Sunday, September 26, 2010

Living Room Wow

I wrote in the last post about being inspired by the latest issue of Country Living and some great charcoal walls.

I haven't been able to figure out what to do with my living room since I moved in over a year ago. Light? Dark? Wallpaper? Plain?

All I did know was that the glossy cream had to go. I hate glossy paint on a wall.

I love to paint, in part because you can completely transform a space in a matter of hours. This is my living room "after".

Deep, warm charcoal walls and darker accents than what I'm used to incorporating, but I love it.

I got the old oil painting yesterday. It has some holes in it and has seen some miles, but that's why I like it so much.


I might keep the cabinet and paint it chocolate brown, another Country Living inspiration with the charcoal walls. And I thought I'd take a large old gold mirror from my booth home, but I found this one yesterday, a score at only $60!


It has a great green gold patina.

And the minnow seine adds some design interest to the space.

The old school lockers I found last week blend well with the darker gray.

I bought one gallon too many, even with the two coats, but I have plans that just might include a master bedroom makeover. That will be next weekend's project.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!what a difference!!! Finally, Country Living is getting a makeover, wasn't that just the cutest lil' space all grey and pink, classy!

    I was just telling Piper yesterday, that cardboard brown on the walls is being replaced by the greys...she said ewwww,,,but I'm gonna send her here to see what I'm talkin' about! LOVE IT!!! Especially with that cute lil' crack-head nightlight...heehee...

    She should be getting wax today, so we'll be shippin' out soon...later dude!!!

    Think of you lots...nut!

    ReplyDelete