Friday, September 24, 2010

Visions of Design Ideas Dance in My Head

The latest issue of Country Living has really got me thinking. They featured a home with deep matte charcoal walls and I could feel myself turn green with envy. Then I thought, why the hell not?! I've struggled with my living room since moving in a year ago, going back and forth about the color and I've decided I'm going to go for it! It's just paint, right?

I've been doing some internet digging and have found some great inspiration. This foyer is striking.

{Image found here}

This room has that true French vibe I'll be going for.

{Image found here}


{Image found here}

I found this deer head at the Mission Road Antique Mall last week and think it would be a great addition to the room. I also have a huge old gold mirror in the booth that I'm thinking about taking out and using as a focal point.

And how cool is this old gym locker?! I found it this week and it's really tall; it towers above my 6' tall husband. I'll also go in search of a perfectly banged up settee tomorrow - I can hardly wait!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment